Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Altitude: Enmaru - Japanese on 46th

I am so glad to home. Yes, Jakarta is my heaven. After 1.5 years of leaving my hometown, I'm finally back for Summer holiday. The day I arrived, we decided to have a family dinner since we haven't really had one in a while. They were talking about Altitude and said that it's a really nice restaurant, I was quite curious and so we all agreed.

There are a few restaurants managed by Altitude and they are both right across from each other, Salt Grill, Gaia, and Enmaru. From what I know, Salt Grill serves Australian cuisine, Gaia serves Western, and Enmaru serves Japanese. They're all located on the 46th floor of The Plaza.

source: Metaphor - Interior Architecture

source: Metaphor - Interior Architecture



Appetizers! Each person gets to pick one. (Beef stew, Tuna, and I forgot the top left *oops*)

Tofu Salad


Unagi Yakitori

Salmon Belly Sashimi. It melts in your mouth, my favorite!!!!

Salmon Sashimi, not as good as the salmon belly, I would give this 4/5.

We had to pick a fish and they were able to serve it 3 ways: sashimi, grilled, and braised. The name of the fish we ordered was Kinmedai - Golden Eye Snapper / Alfonsino. 




Kinmedai Sashimi. It was cut to thin pieces. The meat tastes a little like jelly. Amazing!


Kinmedai Grilled. It was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They use some kind of soup and poured it on the inside. I was wondering how they do it because it was grilled but there's some kind of soup on the inside.

Kinmedai Braised. The rest of it are steamed or braised. The meat was so soft that you have to be careful when placing it on your plate.

Kinmedai eyeball. This fish got huge eyes! Google said, this fish lives in the deep sea, they need big eyes to capture light so that they could move around the ocean.


I was curious about the eyeball, and so I decided to give it a try. It was really soft and the white part with the gel surprisingly tastes amazing. The outer part of the eyeball has this texture similar to a boiled egg yolk. It turns to some kind of powder-ish when you bite it. Inside the white thing is like a clear pearl, pretty!

Dessert! Sweet Potatoes and Vanilla Ice Cream.

Creme Brulee

Opening Hours:
Monday to Sunday
Lunch: 12 noon to 3.00pm (Last order 2.30pm)
Dinner: 5.30pm to 10.00pm (Last order 9.30pm)

Altitude
The Plaza, 46th floorJl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28 - 30
Jakarta 10350Indonesia
Call 6248 1722 for reservations

No comments:

Post a Comment