Sunday, September 16, 2012

From Portland to Seattle, Japanese to Chinese

I finally have time to write a blog. It's been, let's see... a few weeks since the last time I wrote something on this site. I guess I was too busy having fun with my family. Sometime last month, we went to Seattle for holiday. Here are some of the food we ate and Hakatamon is my brother's favorite. 


Chicken Curry Rice, Yin and Yang of rice and curry. I always come for this. 9/10

Wakame Soba. Seaweed, noodle, and some broth. Healthy and yummy! 7/10

Dragon Roll, Unagi and avocado and sesame seeds on top. It was crispy and a bit sweet from the avocado. Shareable and I shall give this a 8/10

Every time you order a set meal, you will always get a miso soup. By set meal, I meant curry rice, noodle, and all the single meals. 

This place is rather small so sometimes it can be quite packed. That small door leads to an asian market, Uwajimaya.

Next, I'm gonna move on to what I ate in Seattle, Washington. My family would go head over heels for pork. This is our first time to visit this place and it was worth it. It was recommended by my brother's friend and now I'm recommending this to you all. Hue Ky Mi Gia is a chinese noodle house and their specialty is pork noodle. The business started in Saigon, Vietnam in a food cart, they got more popular and now opened a restaurant with 2 branches.




So this is the barbecue pork noodle I was telling you. Those brown stuff are crispy and that's pork. 9/10

This is fried chicken wings. Crispy on every sides, you won't miss it. Yum! 8/10

Warm and soothing wonton soup. This is perfect for dinner! The wonton was FULL of pork. 8/10

Last but not least, roast duck! It tasted like chicken, but better. 7/10

Hakatamon
10500 SW Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy
BeavertonOR 97005
(503) 641-4613



Hue Ky Mi Gia
1207 S Jackson St
Ste 101 (between S 12th Ave & S 14th Ave)
SeattleWA 98144(206) 568-1268


The other location:
18230 E Valley Hwy
Ste 152 (at 184th St) 
KentWA 
98032(425) 282-1268
WEB

No comments:

Post a Comment