Monday, October 22, 2012

More on 'Chart House'

A couple of months ago, I posted a blogpost about my favorite dessert place, Chart House. I am just going to add a few dishes that I tried last night. It was my first time to try their entree courses and I actually thought the dishes were not too bad.

They offer a set menu (appetizer, entree, and dessert) for $29.99 every Sunday - Thursday.

Appetizer:
Chart House Chopped Salad
OR
Clam Chowder

Main Course:
Short Rib
Fork tender with Cabernet demi glace, served with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes

Macadamia Crusted Shrimp
Topped with mango salsa served with Asian green beans & peanut sauce

Bronzed Tilapia
Pan seared, savory balance of sweet & spicy, shallot butter & crabmeat, served with coconut ginger rice

Dessert:
Chart House Famous Mud Pie

Hot Chocolate Lava Cake, click here for the review (10/10)

Prime Rib 16oz. This was medium-rare, it looks really raw and red. At first it doesn't look that appetizing, but once you've tried it, it was chewy, soft, and doesn't taste raw at all. (8/10)

New York Strip*

Chart House Famous Mud Pie. It was not as good as the lava cake. It was basically ice cream cake with chocolate syrup and cream to me. (6/10)

Clam Chowder (appetizer) Click here for review. The clam chowder from the $29.99 course is slightly smaller.

Filet Mignon*
Calamari*


*I didn't get to try these dishes

The price per person was around $40 per person, gratuity tax not included. I wrote a review on this place a few months ago, click here to read the post.

All pictures by Ignatius F (instagram: predsusanto)

5700 SW Terwilliger Blvd
PortlandOR 97239
(503) 246-6963

No comments:

Post a Comment