Friday, November 16, 2012

Du Kuh Bee: Eat-out at Late Night

I haven't had the chance to eat proper restaurant's meals lately. Portland, Oregon is famous for their culinary (foodcarts) but, there aren't a lot of places or dine-in restaurants that opens late at night. Du Kuh Bee is one of my favorite places to eat when most restaurants are already closed. This place is in Beaverton, Oregon which is on Southwest Portland.

They open until 12am on Monday to Thursday and closes at 1am on Friday and Saturday. Their special dish is 'Pork Noodle' the noodle is freshly handmade. You can choose the level of spiciness, usually I go with the medium spicy, trust me it's not even that hot.

Du Kuh Bee is rather small, sometimes you have to wait for a while because it can get quite packed at times. The restaurant itself can hold around 30-40 people.

Appetizers from the kitchen!

Chinese Herbal Pork Hock, this was probably the most disgusting edible dish I've ever eaten. I'm not a pork fan and so this was not my favorite. It was chewy, quite similar to jellyfish and very oily. At first I thought it was pig's ears, but it doesn't look like it, turns out it's their feet. (3/10)
Close up pic of the Pork Hock

Shrimp Fried Rice, THIS WAS MINE! :') I'm not sure why, but to me this tastes perfect. Though it looks simple and plain, but it somehow tastes really good. It contains prawn, green peas, scrambled egg, and thin cuts of leeks. The prawn tasted fresh and the whole meal was evenly seasoned. Yum! If you don't eat seafood, they also offer 'Kimchee Fried Rice', 'Egg Fried Rice', or 'Chicken Fried Rice' (8/10)
Close up pic of the Shrimp Fried Rice

Du Kuh Bee's Special Pork Noodle (Medium Spicy) People usually come here to eat this. I remember ordering this dish with zero spicy and it tasted bland. The spicy seasoning is what makes this dish tastes really good. It contains cabbage, FRESH HANDMADE noodles, blocks of pork meat, and thin cuts of leeks. If you don't like pork, they also have 'Vegetarian Noodle', 'Chicken Noodle', 'Shrimp Noodle', or 'Squid Noodle'. (8/10)

The price person is around $15-$20/person for all these dishes. Here's a review from Oregonlive that I found online.

Du Kuh Bee
12590 SW 1st St
BeavertonOR 97005
(503) 643-5388

Hours:
Monday to Thursday
16:00 - 00:00

Friday and Saturday
16:00 - 1:00

No comments:

Post a Comment