Saturday, November 17, 2012

Boke Bowl: BEST FRIED CHICKEN BUNS!

I just got home from one fine dinner and a well spent Friday. My friend recommended this Japanese fusion restaurant that she tried. She said that the Ramen was not that special, but the steamed buns were YUM! and I agreed.

Boke Bowl is located on Southeast Portland, around 5 minutes from Downtown Portland by car. These are the things that they offered:




It was packed when we came and there was a short queue before we could order. We had to order and pay before we could find our seats, that's just how they roll.

The cashier right near the entrance. PAY BEFORE YOU EAT!

KITCHEN

KITCHEN

KITCHEN

PACKED! :( lucky there was an empty table just enough for us.

Finally got our table and this is how crowded it was.
Pork Ramen. I honestly thought it tasted a bit weird. There's something about the noodle that I don't really like. It wasn't as soft as usual and the soup tasted kind of sweet which is weird to me. They gave such generous pork meat though. (7/10)

Probably the best Fried Chicken Bun I've ever tasted. I will definitely come back for this. It was really crispy and seasoned well. The bun was soft just like Chinese buns, YUM! It was really delicious, one bun was just not enough for me. (10/10) 

Seafood Miso. This was my friend's, he said it wasn't that good.

Seafood Miso close up

Pork Belly bun, my friends said it was not that good compared to the fried chicken. I didn't try it because I don't like pork :|

YUM! Table full of food is always the best.

I will definitely come back for you!

The price per person was around $15-20, I feel that the Ramen was not that worth it. I LIKED THE BUNS A LOT THOUGH! :) They open at 10:30am to 3pm on Monday to Wednesday on Thursday to Saturday, they open at 10:30am to 9:30pm.

Boke Bowl
1028 SE Water Ave
PortlandOR 97214
(503) 719-5698
WEB

No comments:

Post a Comment