Thursday, August 8, 2013

Remembered Spring Break: Chicago, Illinois

Eat like a boss, eat like you have no tomorrow
So apparently, I just checked my drafts and looks like I forgot to post my Spring Break holiday blog. And here goes my late post. This was on March, 2013.

This year, the precious one week holiday I decided to book a ticket to Chicago, IL or known as the third most populous city in the US. This city of architecture surprisingly got good foods that worth the wait.




First stop, as soon as we arrive, we knew that one of the most popular dish in Chicago is its Deep Dish Pizza. This place is called Gino's East, lucky that we live just a few blocks away from this restaurant. Gino's East is a few minutes away from Magnificent Mile, by walk. It was mesmerizing to see all the writings on the walls and floors, it was all full of randomness.






Toasted Ravioli, it was one of the best raviolis I've ever tasted. It took around 30 minutes for the pizza to be ready, so I suggest you to order their appetizers. 

A slice of the deep dish pizza, I couldn't get a picture of the whole pan of deep dish pizza because the server divided it evenly on our plates as soon as it's ready.
Here's Gino's East deep dish on the pan. (credit to: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51FUG7rZKzL.jpg)

After slices of deep dish pizza, I don't think I can handle another slice of pizza for..... not sure how long. I was so full after the first piece and the cheese was simply too much for a single slice. We had to wait for around 15 minutes and there were a lot of people waiting for their tables, lucky that the place is huge so it gets by really fast.

For dinner, we had Slurping Turtle... Any Ramen tastes good to me #asian


Tonkotsu Ramen, the best of the best! The broth, noodle, and meat, PERRRFFECCTT!

Tonkotsu Ramen

Tan Tan Men Ramen, it was a little bit spicy. It was not the best thing, but also not the worst. (5/10) If you love spicy food, you might love this.

Brunch is always my favorite part of the day. Especially in fancy restaurants that serves good food, definitely a good way to start a day.

This has got to be my favorite restaurant in Chicago, IL. This is Little Goat, yes it's a must try! Guess what, the owner of this place is Stephanie Izard, she's the first woman to win Top Chef and the winner of the fourth season of Top Chef.



BEST FRENCH FRIES....... Goat Chili Cheese Fries, it was not spicy at all. It tastes like fries with bolognese sauce and goat meat, with melted cheese on top. DROOL!

Reuben, smoked corned beef with kimchi, kraut, cheese, special sauce, and pretzel rye. Yum!

This is Los Drowned, braised beef, avocado, butter case cheese, pickles, spicy mayo, and hoagie.

Bull's Eye French Toast, crispy chicken, sweet onion brioche, and BBQ maple syrup. It tastes a little funny because it's savory with maple syrup, but still yummy.
Dessert! Chocolate Malt, a mix of sweet and spicy with a cherry on top.
For supper, we went to this place called Allium at Four Seasons Hotel, Chicago.
Cheese Lavosh

Chicago Style Hotdog

No comments:

Post a Comment